Climate Sensitive Items
Some storage items require extreme care. That's why Extra Space Storage offers climate controlled storage units. Learn how to safely store your old photos and family heirlooms without losing their value. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, consider the value of a climate controlled storage unit.
- Artwork (paintings, drawings, posters, etc.)
- Classic cars
- Audio equipment
- Cameras and other photography equipment
- Family heirlooms and history records
Effects of Extreme Temperature on Storage
- Cracking, tearing, breakage and warping of wood from expanding and contracting in extreme heat and cold.
- Yellowing and degradation of fabrics and papers from extreme temperatures.
- Mold and mildew stains on papers and fabrics caused by fungus-friendly temperatures.
- Rust, corrosion and weakening of metal which has been exposed to moisture, as well as very hot and very low temperatures.
- Ruin of electronics by dampness or extreme cold.
- Warping of items, as well as fading and degradation of sound and image quality.
- Damage to furniture and fabrics by rodents or insects.