September 30, 2013 8:36 PM
A self storage facility, a hotel, a commercial building, and a sewage treatment plant – all rather interesting neighbors.
In 1948, Henri Doll founded the Schlumberger research laboratory in Ridgefield, Connecticut. In 2006, the lab moved to Cambridge and the campus in Ridgefield sat empty. In late 2011, city residents approved the $7 million purchase of the 45-acre property late. (Six million dollars of the purchase price was for the property and one million dollars went to surveying, lawyers, and demolition of the abandoned research complex that was on the property.) [More]