ATV Storage and Four Wheeler Storage at Extra Space Storage
Extra Space Storage offers ATV storage at over 800 locations!
Find a facility in your area - just start a search to find storage near you.
Keep your ATV safe and secure at a facility near you!
Tips for Storing ATVs
The owners of ATVs and other small-engine vehicles often face storage problems when they try to keep these vehicles at home. Leaving a small vehicle outside offers no security and garage space may be limited or needed for other uses. A self storage facility can be a great solution for storing your favorite motored toys.
- Be sure to check the dimensions of a potential storage unit, including the width of the door. Some equipment, such as double trailers, may be too wide for a drive-up or inside unit, so covered parking would be the better option.
- When considering the amount of space you'll need to store your ATV, be sure to include extra room for all the equipment that you may need to store with it. If you have protective gear, trailers or car racks, etc., which you wish to store with your ATV, a closed unit will offer necessary containment not provided by a covered outdoor space.
- Vehicles that are required to be licensed must have current license plates. If your tags expire while in storage, your storage facility may ask you to renew them.
- Storage facilities typically require proof of vehicle registration. They may also require proof of insurance, since individual property is not covered by the facility's insurance.
- Any vehicle with wheels (or the trailer on which it arrives or is stored) must be road-worthy. Keep an eye on tires that can dry rot or deflate.
- Most facilities expect that repairing or extensive maintenance of vehicles will be done elsewhere.
- When ATVs will be stored indoors over long periods of time, check fuel lines and gaskets, and lay down cardboard or mats to prevent damage to the unit's floor. Always remove as much gasoline as possible from the fuel tank before storing any vehicle, to prevent leaks and fire hazards.
- Ask your self storage facility manager for advice about other factors you may need to keep in mind when storing your ATV.
Tools to Help You Get Started
- Locate the closest Extra Space Storage facility.
- Check out our Storage Tips for valuable information.
- Use our Size Estimator to determine the storage unit size you need.
- Have a question? We have the answer in our FAQ section.