Boat Storage - Indoor, Covered and Dry Boat Storage
Extra Space Storage offers secure boat storage, boat trailer storage and jet ski storage at over
Find a facility in your area - just start a search to find storage near you.
As a boat or jet ski owner you need a place to store your boat or jet skis and your home or garage may not be an option. Some homeowner associations even prohibit parking boats or large vehicles in a driveway or yard on residential property.
A safe, secure boat storage facility near your home or your favorite marina can provide an ideal spot for your boat or jet ski.
Boat and Jet Ski Storage Tips
- Long term boat and trailer storage facilities typically offer both inside boat storage and outside storage, so be sure to consider both options in order to determine which will be best for you and your boat.
- Be sure to check the dimensions of a potential storage unit, especially if you are considering using the storage space for trailer storage. Some equipment, such as boat trailers, may be too wide for the door of a drive-up unit, so covered parking would be the better option.
- When considering the amount of space you'll need to store your boat, be sure to include extra room for all the equipment that you may need to store with it.
- Likewise, if you need jet ski storage, be sure to include extra room for all the equipment that you may need to store with it, including such items as trailers, car racks, and protective gear. If you choose to store your jet ski in an outdoor space, you may wish to invest in a tie-down cover to provide additional protection from the elements.
- To make sure that getting your boat in and out of a storage space is easy, consider the available room for a large turning radius.
- Some facilities offer electrical plug-ins and sanitary stations.
- Most facilities expect that repairing or extensive maintenance of boats will be done elsewhere.
- When boats and jet skis will be stored indoors over long periods of time, check fuel lines and gaskets, and lay down cardboard or mats to prevent damage to the unit's floor. Always remove as much gasoline as possible from the fuel tank before storing any vehicle, to prevent leaks and fire hazards.
- Ask your self storage facility manager for advice about other factors you may need to keep in mind when storing your boat.
Tools to Help You Get Started
- Locate the closest Extra Space Storage facility.
- Check out our Storage Tips for valuable information.
- Use our Size Estimator to determine the storage unit size you need.
- Have a question? We have the answer in our FAQ section.