RV Storage and Indoor RV Camper Storage Facility
Extra Space Storage offers RV storage at over
Find a facility in your area - just start a search to find RV storage near you.
Keep your RV safe and secure at a self storage facility near you!
Recreational Vehicle Storage
RV owners often face storage problems when they try to store these at home. Driveways and yards have limited space for large vehicles, and homeowner associations may have covenants prohibiting parking large vehicles in a driveway or yard. Sometimes municipalities also have parking restrictions that prohibit parking RVs at residences.
Many of our self storage facilities offer recreational vehicle storage and trailer storage.
Recreational Vehicle Storage Tips
- Be sure to check the dimensions of a potential storage unit. Most RVs require 30-40 feet (Extra Space Storage RV units typically go up to 45 feet in length).
- To make sure getting in and out is easy, consider the available room for a large turning radius.
- Some facilities offer electrical plug-ins and sanitary stations.
- Most facilities expect that repairing or extensive maintenance of large vehicles will be done elsewhere.
- RVs must have current license plates. If your tags expire while in storage, your storage facility may ask you to renew them.
- RV storage facilities typically require proof of vehicle registration. They may also require proof of insurance, since individual property is not covered by the facility's insurance.
- When vehicles will be stored indoors over long periods of time, check fuel lines and gaskets, and lay down cardboard or mats to prevent damage to the unit's floor.
- Vehicles or trailers must have properly inflated tires at all times. Keep an eye on tires that can dry rot or deflate. Restrictions vary by facility, so check with your facility manager about your role in maintaining stored vehicles.
Tools to Help You Get Started
- Locate the closest Extra Space Storage facility.
- Check out our Storage Tips for valuable information.
- Use our Size Estimator to determine the storage unit size you need.
- Have a question? We have the answer in our FAQ section.