Forward Looking Statement
Certain information set forth in this annual report contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the federal securities laws.
Forward-looking statements include statements concerning our plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events, future revenues or performance, capital expenditures, financing needs, plans or intentions relating to acquisitions and other information that is not historical information. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "believes," "estimates," "expects," "may," "will," "should," "anticipates," or "intends" or the negative of such terms or other comparable terminology, or by discussions of strategy. We may also make additional forward-looking statements from time to time. All such subsequent forward-looking statements, whether written or oral, by us or on our behalf, are also expressly qualified by these cautionary statements. There are a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in or contemplated by this annual report. Any forward looking statements should be considered in light of the risks referenced in the "Risk Factors" section included in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Such factors include, but are not limited to:
- changes in general economic conditions and in the markets in which we operate;
- the effect of competition from new and existing self-storage facilities or other storage alternatives, which could cause rents and occupancy rates to decline;
- potential liability for uninsured losses and environmental contamination;
- difficulties in our ability to evaluate, finance and integrate acquired and developed properties into our existing operations and to lease up those properties, which could adversely affect our profitability;
- the impact of the regulatory environment as well as national, state, and local laws and regulations including, without limitation, those governing REITs, which could increase our expenses and reduce our cash available for distribution;
- disruptions in credit and financial markets and resulting difficulties in raising capital at reasonable rates or at all, which could impede our ability to grow;
- delays in the development and construction process, which could adversely affect our profitability;
- economic uncertainty due to the impact of war or terrorism, which could adversely affect our business plan and;
- our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel and management members.
All forward-looking statements are based upon our current expectations and various assumptions. Our expectations, beliefs and projections are expressed in good faith and we believe there is a reasonable basis for them, but there can be no assurance that management's expectations, beliefs and projections will result or be achieved. All forward-looking statements apply only as of the date made. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements which may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated events.