Throughout COVID-19, Extra Space Storage has led the industry by quickly adjusting company procedures and policies to prioritize the safety of our customers and our employees. Recently, we’ve reopened our self storage facility offices with enhancements that will allow customers and employees to interact in a safe, clean environment.
Extra Space Storage office layouts have been updated to support social distancing recommendations. We’ve installed plexiglass barriers and provided our on-site employees with masks, gloves, and other personal safety supplies. We will also continue completing leasing paperwork through email and following the policies we implemented in March, including:
- No Contact Renting Options: Customers can rent units, sign leases, and process payments over the phone or through email without person-to-person contact.
- Employee Care: Policies have been adjusted for easier access to paid and unpaid leaves of absence to encourage employees to follow any and all CDC guidelines, including staying home when sick.
- Customer Care: In addition to generously granting late fee waivers, we are offering rent relief payment plans and enhanced pay-to-vacate options for impacted customers.
- Store Sanitation: Our stores are well-stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfectants, and our updated cleaning guidelines are continuing to be enforced.
- Online/On-Call Business Operations: If you don’t wish to physically enter a storage facility, you can remotely contact our customer service team at 877-372-1322 for assistance. You can also access account details and make payments online through MyAccount.
Extra Space Storage will continue to closely monitor guidelines set by the CDC and other health officials to stay in accordance with safety recommendations throughout this time.