Searching for the best destination weddings in the U.S.? Whether you’re dreaming of a beach wedding, mountainside elopement, or a down-to-earth outdoor gathering, there are plenty of stunning places right here in the states that don’t require a passport. Here are some of the best places to say “I do” in the U.S.!
- Aspen, CO
- Austin, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Florida Keys, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Maui, HI
- Napa Valley, CA
- Newport, RI
- Sedona, AZ
- Known For: Mountainside ceremonies, small intimate weddings
- Best Time: June to September; November to March
If you’ve always wanted to tie the knot in the mountains, Colorado is one of the best places for destination weddings. Aspen promises gorgeous sunsets, an unforgettable view of the Rockies, soaring trees, and all the charm of a historic ski town. Revel in bright, sunshiny skies in the summertime or embrace a snowcapped winter wedding—no matter your vision, Aspen provides a romantic setting and unbeatable natural beauty for your big day!
“Mountain weddings are the perfect combination for a once-in-a-lifetime luxury experience for your guests and awe-inspiring scenery that will only add to the beauty of your wedding photos,” said Sarah Roshan, a Colorado-based wedding photographer.
Where to Get Married in Aspen
- T-Lazy-7: Get married in a meadow and stay in a log cabin at T-Lazy-7. You can host between 100 to 350 people in a rustic setting next to a campfire at the Chuckwagon Grounds or in the event lodge!
- Hotel Jerome: Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the distinguished red brick Hotel Jerome offers a chance to exchange vows on a terrace with unbelievable views or in a cozy library. You can even create your own fireworks display for the reception!
- The Little Nell: Couples looking to host their special event at the most notorious venue in Aspen can head to The Little Nell. This lodge is known for its wedding deck, which requires brides, grooms, and guests to take a gondola ride up 11,212 feet to reach a breathtaking terrace.
- Known For: Chic barnyard weddings, elegant city ceremonies
- Best Time: September to December
Austin is a top destination wedding location, thanks to its unique blend of traditional southern charm and trendy event venues. Not only does Austin provide comfortable weather and easy access to premier caterers, florists, cake shops, and photographers for the big day, but hip restaurants and breweries make hosting your rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch here a breeze as well!
Where to Get Married in Austin
- Loan Oak Barn: Travel just outside the city to Loan Oak Barn for the rustic wedding of your dreams. Have your countryside ceremony on the lush green lawn, then head into the barn for cocktail hour, dinner, cake-cutting, and dancing.
- Old Glory Ranch: If you’ve always planned to get married in a church, but still want that casual southern feel, Chapel Hall at Old Glory Ranch will check every box! The 2,200-acre ranch also provides opportunities to host your ceremony or reception riverside.
- Laguna Gloria: Looking for something near the heart of the city? The Laguna Gloria location of The Contemporary Austin allows couples to get married among elegant sculptures outside on the lush green lawn or next to Lake Austin. The property also houses an Italian-inspired villa perfect for an intimate ceremony.
- Known For: Urban alternative ceremonies, big cosmopolitan weddings
- Best Time: May to September
Do you want a destination wedding but also want to get married somewhere friends and families can easily travel to? Chicago is perfect for those who live in the Midwest or looking for middle ground between the coasts. Not to mention, the gorgeous skyline and elegant venues will help you create a sophisticated event for less than if you were in New York City or Los Angeles. Its convenient location and access to luxury amenities make Chicago a timeless and unique destination wedding location!
Where to Get Married in Chicago
- Ignite Glass Studios: Make the most of the view by exchanging vows on the roof of Ignite Glass Studios. Then, head inside to the Event Studio for a reception where urban warehouse vibes and elegant adornments combine.
- Greenhouse Loft: Embrace exposed brick and industrial ambience at Greenhouse Loft, where you can host a cocktail hour in the garden with a low-waste reception following inside!
- The Blackstone: If your dream is a swanky, black-tie event, choose a glamorous downtown hotel like The Blackstone. Offer guests a champagne toast and three-course plated dinner under glass chandeliers in the Crystal Ballroom, or host an intimate reception in the mahogany English Room.
Florida Keys, FL
- Known For: Beachfront weddings, tiki-torch lit parties
- Best Time: December to April
Dreaming of getting married among palm trees? If you don’t want to leave the country, the Florida Keys house many of the best beach wedding destinations in the U.S. Say “I do” to white sand beaches, tropical vegetation, sunny skies, and colorful venues. Key West, Islamorada, Key Largo, and Marathon are some of the most popular locations to get married or honeymoon!
Where to Get Married in the Florida Keys
- Casa Marina Key West: Gaze out at the Atlantic Ocean as you exchange nuptials at Casa Marina Key West. Afterward, host a catered dinner on a white-sand beach or make dancing a little easier by having your reception inside one of the elegant ballrooms.
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa: Take a boat or seaplane to Little Palm Island Resort & Spa on Little Torch Key, where you can have an intimate wedding on a dock or next to a life-size sandcastle.
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park: Those looking for a more budget-friendly option that still includes stunning waterfront scenery will find an ideal location in Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. Here, couples can hold their ceremony next to the water, then host their reception in the still-standing fortress from the Civil War.
Las Vegas, NV
- Known For: Quick elopements, glamorous resort receptions
- Best Time: April to May; September to October
Las Vegas can accommodate any themed-wedding desires or luxury casino resort ceremonies without a waiting period for a marriage license! The fast pace of the city and countless things to do on The Strip make it one of the top wedding destinations in the U.S. Endless dining options, a vast range of venues, and accommodations for any budget mean that the sky is the limit in Vegas!
Where to Get Married in Las Vegas
- A Little White Wedding Chapel: Ride in a limousine to this iconic venue, where you can get married in one of five indoor chapels by a standard officiant or an Elvis impersonator. It’s even complete with a drive-up tunnel, where you can pledge your love without leaving the vehicle.
- Bellagio: Book your big day where every luxurious detail—from flowers to hair and makeup—is taken care of in one spot. Tie the knot on a lush terrace or next to a fountain in the courtyard, and then celebrate inside one of the ornate ballrooms.
- The Grove: Drive a few minutes away from the bright lights to get married in a gazebo surrounded by lush almond trees. This venue is perfect for couples looking for a nature-filled ceremony followed by a garden-side reception or buffet dinner inside.
- Known For: Beachfront ceremonies, elegant resort receptions
- Best Time: April to October
The Aloha State is home to some of the best places for destination weddings. And while any of the neighboring islands can host breathtaking ceremonies near crystal blue waters, Maui is a favorite location for a romantic wedding getaway. A major perk of leaving the Continental U.S. to get married is that you’re already in paradise for your honeymoon! Travel to Oahu, Kauai, or The Big Island after your vows, or stay in Maui for snorkeling, sailing, paddle-boarding, and more.
“Destination weddings are great because it’s more than just a wedding—it’s an opportunity for you to also vacation with your closest friends and family,” explained Anna Kim, creator of Anna Kim Photography. “Maui is ideal for this with its sweeping landscapes, beautiful ocean, and lush greenery.”
Where to Get Married in Maui
- Olowalu Plantation House: Watch humpback whales off of Hekili Point and tie the knot next to a beautiful flower arch at Olowalu Plantation House. Catch the breathtaking sunset over the water, then dine and dance next to tiki torches and under bright stars.
- Haiku Mill: Those wanting a fairytale wedding surrounded by lush botanicals and old-European architecture will find it at the Haiku Mill. This famous venue that was once a sugar-cane factory can host a historic and romantic reception.
- Four Seasons Resort: If you’re looking for all-inclusive wedding options, consider the five-star Four Seasons Resort. Have your reception on the oceanfront lawn complete with whimsical canopies, chandeliers, views of the Kahalawai Mountains, and space to seat 500 guests.
Napa Valley, CA
- Known For: Tuscany-inspired ceremonies, wine-filled receptions
- Best Time: May to October
A top spot for a relaxing vacation, Napa Valley can also host one of the best destination weddings in the U.S. The vineyards of Northern California provide an intimate location to disconnect from the business of day-to-day life, reconnect with nature, and merge lives in a woodlands setting. If you want an event that lasts longer than a day, Wine Country is a top location!
“Destination couples often offer a full weekend of activities to guests, taking full advantage of everything the area has to offer [by] adding on welcome parties, rehearsal dinners, wine-tasting activities, and farewell brunches,” explained Sonja Beazley Burch, owner of Intimate Weddings Napa Valley.
Where to Get Married in Napa Valley
- Calistoga Ranch: Nature lovers are in luck! Create the ultimate whimsical wedding at Calistoga Ranch, where you can relax in heated mineral pools before tying the knot next to the vine.
- Hotel Villagio: Exchange vows next to the vine or below a terraced-garden stage. Afterward, host an unforgettable reception nearby casks and barrels and under rustic chandeliers.
- Beaulieu Garden: Stage your special day by a rose garden, next to immaculately manicured shrubs, or near European-inspired fountains and sculptures at Beaulieu Garden. Then, cut cake below illuminated aged-sycamore trees for an elegant, woodland-themed reception.
- Known For: Seaside ceremonies, sprawling mansion receptions
- Best Time: May to September
Still can’t decide where to get married? Newport is one of the best spots for destination weddings in the U.S. if you’re envisioning a ceremony by the sea or at a historic mansion! The East Coast is perfect for couples looking to get married on a rocky shore, in the backyard of a cozy cottage, or on a yacht. Not only is there endless old-fashioned elegance and breathtaking scenery at every venue, but fresh seafood and sprawling green lawns perfect for dancing will make your reception unforgettable as well!
Where to Get Married in Newport
- Rosecliff: You know you’re in for elegance at Rosecliff—a French-inspired mansion where some scenes from The Great Gatsby were shot! Host an oceanfront ceremony on the back lawn before heading inside the mansion for an elegant reception under painted ceilings and chandeliers.
- Belle Mer: If a lavish estate isn’t your style or you want something more budget-friendly, opt for seashell paths and views of Narragansett Bay at Belle Mer. After a serene ceremony on the lawn, indulge in a post-wedding brunch in the Water Salon.
- Castle Hill Inn: The ultimate nautical-themed day awaits at Castle Hill Inn! Profess your love next to a lighthouse before hosting the reception on a tented terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- Known For: Outdoor ceremonies, bed-and-breakfast weddings
- Best Time: September to November; March to May
Finding affordable destination wedding locations can be a challenge, but Sedona offers stunning scenery and lots to do for lower prices than Phoenix or other major cities. The desert promises panoramic views at almost any outdoor venue in Sedona, as well as the opportunity to get married in a hot air balloon or on a mountaintop!
Where to Get Married in Sedona
- Red Rock State Park: Walk down the aisle while taking in glimpses of never-ending canyons and pine trees on the Visitor Center roof at Red Rock State Park. Cathedral Rock Vortex is another popular place within the park to tie the knot because of its stunning scenery and easy access from the road!
- L’Auberge de Sedona: Looking for a budget-friendly venue that can handle the ceremony and reception? L’Auberge de Sedona has a wide range of wedding packages for all your needs and comfortable lodging for your guests with incredible views.
- Creekside Inn: If you’re envisioning an intimate and tranquil wedding in the woods, choose the cozy Creekside Inn for a romantic bed-and-breakfast experience. Choose between a reception on one of three grassy lawns, on the Inn porch, or under a gazebo.
A fairytale day you won’t soon forget is guaranteed by choosing any of the above cities to host your destination wedding! Not sure what else you need to know for your big day? Check out our guide on how to plan a wedding. If you’re waiting until after the honeymoon to start sharing a home, explore tips for moving in together to help ease the transition.